Questions and Answers
Where do you ship?
When will my order arrive?
We usually allow 10-30 working days for making/delivery, however the plantation we source from is currently mid-harvest and the recent heavy rain they have experienced has delayed some drying times for our ongoing timber orders, and at present we have extended our working times to 20-40 working days.
Will I need any tools for assembly?
FREE STANDING FURNITURE
For our furniture range, no tools are required. Our custom gold-look hardware is inlaid into the solid timber and we provide our custom gold-look screws, an allen key and simple instructions for easy at home assembly.
Our pre-drilled holes and custom gold-look hardware for our floating shelves make install seamless and easy with our simple instructions. You will need to drill into into your wall however so best to have one on hand.
How are your products sustainable?
- Locally sourced Paulownia from an Australian plantation (Australian grown / Australian made)
- Paulownia is a C4 Tree (incredibly rare) which means it can photosynthesise quicker and thus grow incredibly fast (reaches maturity in 3-10 years, not hundreds). Due to this, environmentalists call Paulownia "The Tree of the Future"
- Our furniture is delivered in specially designed 100% Organic Cotton GOTS Certified Eco Canvas Bags
- Our bags are designed to roll up and used again to transport furniture when moving, or repurposed around the house for all sorts of uses in the meantime, or send them back to us to reuse, and contribute to our cyclical economy
EVERY PURCHASE PLANTS A TREE
- We give back what we take from the earth x10 fold
- For every product purchased, we donate to Carbon Positive Australia to plant a tree in our customer's name
What timber do you use for Made By You furniture?
All our timber furniture is made from solid, plantation grown Paulownia Timber - grown in Australia. Paulownia is an incredibly renewable timber, making it very sustainable. To find out more about Paulownia and see more pics, head to Our Timber page.
Are you Australian Made?
Yes! And proud of it! We are certified Australian Made - making everything at our workshop overlooking Wollongong's escarpment on the South Coast. All our timber is grown on an Australian plantation too!
Can I return my purchase?
Since our furniture is made to order, they are not eligible for refunds. If you would like to exchange your purchase, please note you will need to cover a 25% labour fee, the cost of shipping and all items must be returned in their original condition with packaging intact to qualify for an exchange.
How should I care for my furniture?
While Paulownia is a hardwood, it is incredibly light weight and as such, can ding easily if you are not careful when assembling. We think this only adds more character - but you might not! We suggest placing coasters down on surfaces for hot and cold drinks like you should with most timber to avoid markings. Dust and wipe with a cotton rag for everyday cleaning.
Is Made By You furniture suitable for outdoor use?
Ideally not. Our is furniture is designed for indoor use as our screws are not designed to weather outside.
Got a question that isn't above?
Send a note to email@example.com and we'll get back to you with an answer!